About Me

My photo
my blood is wine, and i believe gsus told you to drink it.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

when everything is as it SHould be.


I want to feel things. Really feel them.--Frank's dream. the purest of them all.

Frank Wheeler, I think you're the most interesting person I've ever met. --the heart's fatal flaw, beating for someone else.

Knowing what you've got,
Knowing what you need,
Knowing what you can do without.
-that's inventory control.

If being crazy means living life as if it matters
then I don't mind being completely insane.

Look at us. We're just like everyone else. We've bought into the same, ridiculous delusion.

Just because you've got me safe in this little trap, you think you can bully me into feeling whatever you want me to feel!

Hopeless. Emptiness. Now you've said it. Plenty of people are onto the emptiness, but it takes real guts to see the hopelessness. --[fuck yea, John was my favorite]

Tell me the truth, Frank, remember that? We used to live by it. And you know what's so good about the truth? Everyone knows what it is however long they've lived without it. No one forgets the truth, Frank, they just get better at lying.

I wanted IN. I just wanted us to live again. For years I thought we've shared this secret that we would be wonderful in the world. I don't know exactly how, but just the possibility kept me hoping. How pathetic is that? So stupid.
To put all your hopes in a promise that was never made.
Frank knows what he wants, he found his place, he's just fine. Married, two kids, it should be enough. It is for him. And he's right; we were never special or destined for anything at all.

I don't feel anything...fuck who you'd like.--[I saw so much of myself in April]

But I don't love you...you're just some boy who made me laugh once at a party once. And now, I loathe the sight of you.

I saw a whole other future. I can't stop seeing it.
--definitely cried at this part. At the end of the movie I was hoping she was reaching for a gun instead of the tubing.

Revolutionary Road really gripped me. Some of my greatest fears put on display.

April-realizing her dream, her passion in life, and being unsuccessful...incomplete.
inadvertently, she puts her failures on him...judging him for his cowardice.
trapped in a hollow life until it finally drained her of all hope.

Frank-too afraid to fail. never even giving a dream a chance. choosing the safe, right path.
a cheating husband, desperate for feeling...

John-the madman of the society...ultimately the most sane.

the love for one another was real
but it wasn't enough

No comments:

Post a Comment