About Me

My photo
my blood is wine, and i believe gsus told you to drink it.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

lied to myself

http://www.zigzaglive.com/live/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/lucy1.jpg


The look on your face when I uttered those words
And the taste in my mouth that lingered
And when I said goodbye,
I wish I would have hugged you harder
And when I said goodbye,
I wish I would have held you closer

And no matter how hard I try to give us another chance,
I held on just a little too long
And I’m sorry I broke your heart
And I’m sorry I couldn’t give you mine
Give you mine

I could no longer bear to see you in pain
And I felt guilty when I looked into your eyes
For everything I said to you I meant it
And although I may not have lied to you,
I did worse,
Lied to myself.

So now I walk to the river
I walk to the river alone.

-LucyMichelle&theVelvetLapelles-36th

No comments:

Post a Comment